Doctor insights on:
Pregnant Women Avoid Salmonellosis
Wash your hands: Salmonella is famous for being found in undercooked chicken an the outside of eggs. Commercially sold eggs are usually washed and sterilized, but to be sure, whenever handling eggs, wash your hands with soap and water afterward. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly as well. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Maybe,maybe not: As long as the germ does not enter your blood, the risk to baby is minimal.That risk would depend on how sick you become and how that detracts from your ability to carry the pregnancy.If the infection is limited to your intestines and you recover over time, the baby should not be effected at all. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broad range: Salmonella organisms can cause a variety of illness ranging from "regular" gastroenteritis to serious bloodborne infections of the heart or bones. Gi sx include vomiting, diarrhea, cramping, fever. Spread through the blood (less common) can lead to heart infections, bone infections, abscesses, infected aneurysms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kinds of seafood should pregnant women avoid?
- Vitamins pregnant women should avoid
- What should a pregnant women avoid eating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pregnant women use icy hot cream?
- Are fishermans friend throat lozenges safe for pregnant women?
- Drinking aloe vera juice during pregnancy
- Can pregnant women eat clam chowder?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online