Doctor insights on:
Precancerous Colon Polyps And Lesions
What % of colon polyps removed come back as being pre-cancerous? My brother has colon cancer, my moms polyps were pre-cancerous. My odds of having?
Colon polyps : There are genetic tests for all varieties of family colon cancers. You may never have another problem, but you need to find out your relatives' type and get tested by a blood test. Look up other sources of familial colon cancer to do research to understand it better. Do not do nothing..Good luck to all of you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Colonic polyps is also known as Colon polyps. Colonic polyps are round growths along the wall of your large bowels. They are a very common finding in the elderly population. However, they are associated with increased risk of colon cancer, especially when an individual has many hundreds of these polyps and/or gets the polyps ...Read more
Yes and No: Removal of colon polyps depend on their size. Smaller polyps with a narrow base can usually be removed easily at the time of colonoscopy. Larger polyps, and those with a broader base cannot be completely removed by colonoscopy at times, and may require colon resection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Likely high: Depending on the nature of the previous polyps, and other risk factors, polyp recurrence can be almost a certainty over time in young patients. In some people, polyps develop quickly. You should review your risk for polyps with whoever did your last colonoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: You are not.Get a more detailed answer ›
A precancerous condition (or premalignant condition) is a generalized state associated with a significantly increased risk of cancer. If left untreated, these conditions may lead to cancer. Premalignant lesion is a morphologically altered tissue in which cancer is more likely to occur than ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a colon polyp and tumor?
- Do polyps in the colon cause diarrhea and cramping?
- Link between ovarian cysts and colon polyps
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between colon polyps and cancer?
- Colon polyps and skin cancer
- Does the small intestine also get polyps and cancers like the colon does?
- Removal of ascending colon and small intestine due to polyps
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online