Doctor insights on:
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
What is/are the specific compound(s) that give normal, fresh, concentrated urine its characteristic odour?
Ehhh,...?: The urine color, odor, and consistency is mainly derived from the food and drink you have. If you eat healthy, then you have the urine you apparently are asking about. When you notice that your urine has changed color, or there's a strange odor wafting up from the toilet, the cause might be something as harmless as what you had for dinner (which could have included beets or asparagus). It also might be a sign of a more serious condition, such as an infection ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When i'm weeing when i'm nearly finished it hurts and won't let any more urine out what do you think this is?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can uti cause sticky urine?
- Can ic cause blood in urine?
- What does it mean when your urine is hot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exactly is white stuff in urine?
- How common is dark urine when taking metronidazole?
- Fishy smelling urine in women
- Powdered human urine