Doctor insights on:
Posture Affects Voice
Thyroid effects: There are a few ways the thyroid can affect the voice. If it's underactive, you can get thickening of the vocal folds which will change the voice. Also, thyroid cancer can invade into the nerve that controls the voice so it can do it, too. Finally, a vrey big goiter can compress the nerve leading to bad function. A large thyroid can also affect swallowing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: People vary in how much it affects the voice, and a lot depends on how much you smoke, how you smoke (deep inhalations, holding it for many seconds etc.), filtered or unfiltered, the amount of tar in your brand etc etc. If you ever heard maryanne faithful in her youth, and then heard what she sounds like recently, you will have a great example of how a beautiful voice can be ruined by tobacco. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thyroid nodule affect singing voice
- Can bad posture with pectus excavatum affect lung capacity?
- How will thyroid surgery affect my singing voice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Enlarged goiter affect voice
- Does castration affect the voice after puberty?
- Can bad posture affect how you grow as a child?
- Will a hole in my eardrum affect my singing voice
- Someone told me that posture affects your voice is this true