Doctor insights on:
Post Thyroidectomy Blood Pressure Elevation
I never had high blood pressure before thyroidectomy andits treatment with medicines. My TSH levels were 0.50 last week and yesterday, my blood pressure went to 183/97.What should I do?
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Just had total thyroidectomy due to cancer 4 days ago at night when about to sleep my blood pressure spikes to 180/75 and doesn't come down til the next day......Doc says im fine just a bit anxious....I'm scared to leave the hospital...I have heart diseas
I have a 1.3 nodule on left adrenal gland, i have sporadically rapid pulse, high blood pressure,fatigue, feeling unwell, visual disturbances , extreme pain all over .had thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy ,?
I had a thyroidectmy in august of last year, my TSH is in range, I have high blood pressure after treatment, doc says is not related. Is it?
Not likely: If your TSH is normal, then your body feels that your levels are normal--it is not trying to lower or raise its levels by varying the TSH level. There are many causes of high blood pressure, high thyroid level is only one. How about family history, smoking, weight, sleep apnea, stress, some medications, salt intake, etc? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mild elevation of blood pressure
- Is it normal to have low blood pressure post op?
- Home remedies for mild elevation of blood pressure
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for mild elevation of blood pressure?
- Remedies for mild elevation of blood pressure
- Post partum high blood pressure
- High blood pressure post surgery
- Talk to a cardiologist online