Doctor insights on:
Dental Decay: Poor dental hygiene relates to higher rates of cardiovascular desease and stroke. The simmering, low grade gum infection or gingivitis activates a body wide inflammatory reaction. The inflammatory cells and its immune chemicals will target tissue away from the teeth too. The small vessels of the heart and brain are affected long term causing heart disease and stroke. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hygiene and Dandruff: Many people have the misconception that if you don't wash your hair every day, it will lead to dandruff. However, dandruff is not caused by a lack of washing or poor hygiene. Dandruff is caused by an abundance of oil that becomes infected with a yeast called malassezia, which is naturally found on the scalp, in turn creating inflammation and flaking. ...Read more
No: Schizophrenics are a diverse group of individuals. There are many types. It is a devastating brain disease. With treatment, some schizophrenics can be quite functional and would exercise good hygiene and self-care. Without treatment, they can be a very dysfunctional group with minimal, if any, social interactions and high rates of suicide. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Effects of poor personal hygiene
- Causes of poor personal hygiene
- Does poor hygiene cause impetigo?
- Poor personal hygiene
- Poor personal hygiene in children
- The effects of poor personal hygiene
- Poor personal hygiene symptoms
- Does having head lice mean the person is dirty with poor hygiene?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free