Doctor insights on:
Pomegranate Green Tea
It's pretty easy...: Get a teapot. Put in a pinch of green tea leaves. Add some boiling water (carefully!), and wait 10 minutes. Pour out some hot green tea into a cup. Wait for it to cool to the desired temperature. One can drink from the same teapot as the day goes by (the tea is fine at room temperature too). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unclear: Green tea may have a significant amount of caffeine in it, which can cause elevated blood pressure or heart palpitations. However, it may provide some health benefits. There are no long term studies available yet about the health benefits of green tea, so proceed with caution. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, Healthy: Tea is derived from the camellia sinensis tree. The leaves contain antioxidant polyphenols which have an anti-carcinogenic effect. White & green teas are very helpful. The linus pauling institute reported a study that suggest green tea extracts can act as a plant-based alternative for glycemic control. A japanese study showed reduced rate of deaths from heart disease with use of green tea. ...Read more
Overhyped: Green tea is the latest in a long line of overhyped nutritional products. Claims include wieght loss, better health, longer life, better endurance. Do not believe the hype. Yes green tea contains some anti-oxidants and phytonutrients, but it still contains caffiene which is a stimulant and has duiretic properties. Too much green tea is not good for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the benefits of pomegranate raspberry green tea?
- Does pomegranate green tea help you lose weight?
- Health benefits of pomegranate tea
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pomegranate white tea benefits
- Health benefits pomegranate tea
- What is pomegranate juice tea good for?
- White tea and pomegranate to lose weight
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free