Doctor insights on:
Polyps On The Tongue
Have salivary/parotid Sarcoidosis now have polyp/canker sores under tongue and side of tongue in back.Hurts down neck and ear also.Can this be Sarcoid?
Polyps?: The tongue can have rough surfaced ridges on the sides of the tongue toward the back of the mouth which are normal, and sometimes caused by displaced thyroid tissue. There are also cauliflower-like raised papillomas caused by the human papilloma virus, which carry some risk of cancer and possible spread to others who come in contact with your saliva. See a dentist for proper diagnosis. ...Read more
Went to doc for throat he looked&said it was fine well I was looking & I saw many bumps in back like polyps kinda. How do ik if I have throat canc?
Unlikely it's cancer: There are normally 'bumps' at the base (back) of the tongue; they are called papillae, and are made of mainly lymph tissue with valleys and hills between them giving the bumpy appearance. Oral or throat cancer is painless, occurs almost always in smokers or heavy drinkers, and most commonly people that do both. The typical appearance is a white plaque, called leukoplakia. If any concern, c dentist. ...Read more
Rare tumors: Benign rare polyp that can occur anywhere in the gastrointestinal tract. 3% of all digestive system leiomyomas occur in colon. Sigmoid and transverse colon are most common sites. Bleeding, obstruction, and perforation are complications. Usually these are surgically removed. Can be sessile or pedunculated. These are usually found incidentally. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bumps on the back of my tongue and sore throat
- I have a bump on the side of my tongue
- Cure for blister on the tip of my tongue
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have red bumps on the back of my tongue
- Causes of purple spots on the tongue
- Are bumps on the back of your tongue normal?
- Large painful pink bumps on the back of my tongue
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online