Doctor insights on:
Polyps In The Ascending Colon
If a patient has a tumor in the transverse colon, and a pre-cancerous polyp in the ascending colon, would both colon sections need to be resected?
It depends.: If the gastroenterologist is fairly certain that the precancerous polyp was removed completely, and the pathology results confirm that, then the ascending colon would not need to be resected. Depending on the results of the local lymph nodes, the surgeon might be able to get by with resecting just the transverse colon. Good luck. ...Read more
A ascending colon polyp worse then anywhere else in the colon.How can I prevent more. High grade removed in may, surgically. When do I need next scope?
Not sure of your : Question but a precancerous polyp regardless of the location in the colon is concern for futue polyp/cancer development especially if high grade dysplasia was present. Follow your surgeon's or GI doctors advice on follow up colonoscopy, but i usually recommend a colonoscopy 1 year after surgery. ...Read more
Is a small ascending colon lesion near cecum the same as polyp? They want to do CT scan. I have no pain or family history of CC. Should I be worried?
Yes: Muscle spasms are common and can cause sudden, sharp, knife-like pain in the flat muscles. They should go away with rubbing them, like a charley horse in your leg. If they persist, or are associated with bowel changes, blood in the stool, weight loss, or appetite changes, it may be something more important. See your primary provider, and good luck! ...Read more
Yes: But more difficult to place then descending, sigmoid, or rectum. ...Read more
Right colon: The ascending colon is the portion of the large intestine "ascending" or going up the right side of the abdomen. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do polyps in the colon cause diarrhea and cramping?
- Is 5 polyps in the colon a lot?
- 4mm polyp in the descending colon
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Colon polyps diarrhea tired pain in the stomach
- Can scope or stents be used on obstructions in the ascending colon?
- Most colon polyps are found in the sigmoid colon
- How do polyps in the colon relate to colon cancer?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online