Doctor insights on:
Polymyalgia Rheumatica Prevention
Inflamation muscle: Autoimmune disorder of muscles leading to diffuse muscle pain. It is usually identified by abnormal blood tests indicating inflammation such as increased CRP sed rate, and is usually treated with oral steroids like Prednisone it usually responds quickly to higher doses which are then tapered down to the lowest effective dose. The disease may come and go. ...Read more
I was recently diagnosed with possible polymyalgia rheumatica. How could I have gotten it at my age?! (Age 38). Seeking second opinion w/ Rheumatology
Correct: This is an autoimmune illness and a rheumatologist is the correct choice ...Read more
Immune disorder: Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) is an autoimmune-type disorder which affect mostly people older than 50.Frequently starts in the shoulders or neck w/pain & weakness.Left untreated it can damage tendons & muscles permanently.It responds very well to steroid treatment, but that has it's drawbacks too as long-term steroid use has complications, as well.No one knows exact cause.May be genetic factors. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- What are treatments for polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Lipitor causing polymyalgia rheumatica
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Polymyalgia rheumatica prednisone
- Natural remedies for polymyalgia rheumatica
- Pmr polymyalgia rheumatica
- What are the symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free