Doctor insights on:
PMLE: If your pmle is severe, your dermatologist may recomend one of the following: short course of oral steroids e.g. To cover a summer holiday. Polypodium leucotomas (heliocare™) beta carotene. Hydroxychloroquine. Uvb or puva - a special form of ultraviolet treatment for several weeks in early spring. Antihistamines: oral antihistamines like Diphenhydramine (bendaryl®) have been used to treat hives an. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have hypothyroidism and now I have polymorphous light eruption and i've been told the 2 can be linked i'd like th know how they are?
Both autoimmune?: I found one article (indian journal of dermatology 76:6, nov-dec 2010, pp. 704-5) reporting that patients who have pmle in guntur (a city in central india) are 3 times more likely to have hypothyroidism than those who don't. They speculated that the immune dysfunction that causes pmle may also be causing antibody generation in thyroid disease. Clearly, more research is needed. ...Read more
Hello, I have polymorphous light eruption and was wondering if i take Claritin (loratadine) daily if that would be unhealthy on my body to prevent an outbreak?
I have polymorphous light eruption (PMLE) I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas for the sever itching I itch most at night while asleep.
Discolord flat itchy palm spots.Hurt as swollen.1 dr diag'd urticaria, another polymorphous erethema.Did rice diet no result.They last 2-3 days?
Please see: Please see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options. You may need other tests done. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Polymorphous lymphocytes
- Treatment for polymorphous light eruption
- Causes of polymorphous light eruption
- Treatments for polymorphous light eruption
- Alternative treatments for polymorphous light eruption
- Can lupus erythematosus be misdiagnosed for polymorphous light eruption?
- Can lupus erythematosis be misdiagnosed for polymorphous light eruption?
- What is the best antihistamine for polymorphous light eruption?
- Polymorphous light eruption symptoms