Doctor insights on:
Incidence is:::: "all types of polydactyly to be 2.3 per 1000 in white males, 0.6 per 1000 in white females, 13.5 per 1000 in black males, and 11.1 per 1000 in black females. The Swedish data alone showed polydactyly of all types to have an incidence of 1.0 per 1000, equally distributed between males and females." See: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1113584-overview#a0199 ...Read more
Many : OMIM lists 372 genetic loci causing polydactyly. Many are parts of other multiple malformation syndromes and quite a few just affect the fingers or toe, he latter being mapped to chromosomes 4, 7, and 13. Nigerians have a high rate of postaxial polydactyly, usually peduncilated postminimi--over 20%, and blacks have about 10 times the rate of Caucasians. The Japanese have a form of preaxial polydactyly, usually a double terminal phalanx of the thumb, which they regarde as good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- Behçet disease symptoms
- How long after being exposed do pink eye symptoms appear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms if my tooth infection has spread to my brain?
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Painless lump on rib cage symptoms
- Symptoms of blood clots in hands
- Talk to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon online for free