Doctor insights on:
yes: Many different types may cause hallucinations, other symptoms, and also some, eventually death. Never trust mushrooms that are picked by someone that is not an (official) expert. Only edible mushrooms should be found in stores, and approved for human consumption. Ask your dr for advice. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Don't eat vegetation in the wild if you can't confirm that it is edible. ...Read more
Are all mushrooms from grocery stores safe and edible? Is it possible they end up being poisonous?
Mushroom: Grocery store mushrooms are all safe, wild mushrooms may not be safe. ...Read more
Laurie found a yellow mushroom in my garden and ate 2 bites. We think its leucocoprinus birnbaumii. Is this poisonous? What should we do?
Possibly poisonous: Leucocoprinus birnbaumii is considered "possibly poisonous" or "poisonous" by various experts. The most likely symptom is stomach pain/cramping and nausea/vomiting but 2 bites are unlikely to cause serious problems. One should never eat wild mushrooms unless they are willing to bet their life that they are safe. I advise you take the homeopathic remedy nux vomica and call poison control as well. ...Read more
Yes: Eating poinsettia leaves can cause nausea and vomiting in adults and children. (as can cedar bark and pyracantha.) the sap can cause an allergic rash. Definite poisonous holiday plants include mistletoe, holly, amaryllis, daffodils, jerusalem cherry, and lilies. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I live in Florida, saw snake the other day, wasn't poisonous though, what should I do if a poisonous one bites me?
Snake bite first aid: Remain calm. Call 911. Immobilize the bitten arm or leg, and move as little as possible, remove jewelry before you start to swell. Position yourself, so that the bite is at or below the level of your heart. Clean the wound, but don't flush it with water. Apply a splint to reduce movement. DO NOT APPLY A TOURNIQUET OR ICE, DO NOT SUCK OUT THE VENOM. Check MEDLINE PLUS for more information. ...Read more
Too many to list: There are a multitude of plants that have toxic parts that if eaten will create problems. It's a good idea to know what is in your yard and investigate the specifics. A great resource is the texas poison cotrol page at www.Poisoncontrol.Org also 1-800-222-1222. The page has a search feature with plant photo's to help you identify common plants of interest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes. Centipedes are: Venomous. A centipede pinches the skin with hollowed legs that inject venom. This will leave 2 puncture wounds w pain, redness & swelling. This pain usually resolves within several hours to several days. However, if you experience headache, dizziness, palpitations, nausea, swollen lymph nodes, increased blood pressure or significant tissue damage than you need to obtain medical attention. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Portobello mushroom allergy
- Do hallucinogenic mushrooms alter serotonin levels?
- Mushroom intolerance symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can using mushrooms cause you to have a seizure?
- Is pencil lead poisonous?
- Does eating magic mushrooms cause you to lose weight?
- Are pomegranate seeds poisonous?
- Do mushrooms make your brain bleed?