Doctor insights on:
Pneumonia Without Antibiotics
Depends: This is a good question. Geographic location plays an important role in these decision. There are different resistance patterns in different communities. Here in chicago, we use the fluoroquinolone class as first line (levaquin (levofloxacin) or avelox). There are many different options in addition to these. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes -- at least 10 days needed. ...Read more
Severe Lung Disease: Acute interstitial pnumonia also called hamman rich syndrome.It is rare severe lung condition that affects otherwise healthy people.There is no known cause and cure these patients are treated in ICU in hospital.And often require ventilation support , steroids are used intravenously and since it is not caused by infecton antibiotics are not usually needed.Often the condition is fatal in 60% of time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 10 year old son was diagnosed with pneumonia last Friday, he has taken his antibiotic for 3 days. He woke up this a.m. with the croup. Related?
Not exactly: If your airways are very irritated from coughing the steroid will reduce the inflammation and may reduce the cough reflex you feel due to that irritation. It won't directly improve the lung injury from the pneumonia and it may not work at all - but is worth trying if you are miserable. ...Read more
Mucinex (guaifenesin): Yes it should be fine.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treating pneumonia without antibiotics
- How to cure pneumonia without antibiotics?
- Can you get rid of pneumonia without antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Antibiotics for mrsa pneumonia
- Best antibiotic for bacterial pneumonia
- What kind of antibiotic for pneumonia?
- Best antibiotic to treat pneumonia
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free