Doctor insights on:
There are: numerous potential complications involving multiple organ systems, as well as possible secondary infections with other pathogens, that can occur. ...Read more
Depends on wording..: Interpretations of chest imaging studies like ct scans often include words like "mass". This may simply mean there is a large abnormality. This could very well be pneumonia, especially if patient is sick. In this case, you will need repeat chest studies in a few weeks to make sure this "mass" is gone. If it's still there then the patient may need further testing. ...Read more
?: pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung itself, while asthma is an inflammation of the airways, both are interconnected, but pneumonia has its causes, mainly infection, with either viruses or bacteria, and other micro-organisms, usually doesn't lead to asthma, but can flare it up if already present, hope that answers your question ...Read more
Chemicals: Infections cause the release of chemicals ( interleukins) from white cells. These chemicals are extremely potent and mediate a variety of host responses to infection including raising your temperature. Your body seems to fight a bit better at warmer temps and some bacteria don't do as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pneumonia cause a mass on your lung?
- Causes of recurrent pneumonia in adults
- Can pneumonia cause blood clots?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pneumonia cause congestive heart failure?
- Does walking pneumonia cause chest pain?
- Can pneumonia cause lung nodules?
- What causes frequent pneumonia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free