Doctor insights on:
Pleurisy Or Pericarditis How Can You Tell The Difference
Different organs: The pericardium is a membrane that surrounds and protects the heart. When it is inflammed, for example by infection, the condition is called 'pericarditis'. The pleura are two membranes that surround and protect the lungs. Inflammation of these structures is called 'pleuritis' or 'pleursy'. The two structures are close to eachother, so symptoms can overlap. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Let me help: Pleurisy is an inflammation of the pleura, the lining of the pleural cavity surrounding the lungs.The inflamed pleural layers rub against each other every time the lungs expand to breathe in air. This can cause severe sharp pain with inhalation. In pericarditis characteristic chest pain is often present. Which is relieved by sitting up and bending forward and worsened by lying down or inspiration. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
EZ 4 U 2 SAY: The lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum), lungs (pleura), and heart (pericardium) are all innervated with many nerve fibers. Therefore, anything that irritates these linings can cause severe pain. In contrat, many of the organs that reside in these cavities have very few pain fibers; the nerves are more responsible for organ function. ...Read more
If the suffix -itis means "inflammation of" what do peritonitis, pleurisy and pericarditis have in common?
Do some research on pleurisy, peritonitis and pericarditis. What are these conditions and how do they affect homeostasis in the body?
If you have normal 2decho jan, 12 lead ecg, chest xray, how long would pleurisy or pericarditis take place or will it happen even normal test?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell the difference between dandruff and lice?
- How can you tell the difference between slight and transient brain injury?
- How can you tell the difference between food poisoning and a stomach virus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between a suicide attempt and a gesture?
- How can you tell the difference between tired eyes and dry eyes?
- How can you tell the difference between heart attack and angina?
- How can you tell the difference between having heartburn pain and angina pain?
- Talk to a pediatric cardiologist online for free