Doctor insights on:
Pleurisy Or Pericarditis How Can You Tell The Difference
You are describing pericarditis, an inflammation of the tissue sac surrounding the heart. It typically causes pain in the chest and sometimes radiates to the side of the neck and back. It can be accompanied by fever, rapid heartbeat, a characteristic "rub" heard with a stethoscope, and characteristic abnormalities on an electrocardiogram. It can be caused by a virus, ...Read more
Different organs: The pericardium is a membrane that surrounds and protects the heart. When it is inflammed, for example by infection, the condition is called 'pericarditis'. The pleura are two membranes that surround and protect the lungs. Inflammation of these structures is called 'pleuritis' or 'pleursy'. The two structures are close to eachother, so symptoms can overlap. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Let me help: Pleurisy is an inflammation of the pleura, the lining of the pleural cavity surrounding the lungs.The inflamed pleural layers rub against each other every time the lungs expand to breathe in air. This can cause severe sharp pain with inhalation. In pericarditis characteristic chest pain is often present. Which is relieved by sitting up and bending forward and worsened by lying down or inspiration. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
EZ 4 U 2 SAY: The lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum), lungs (pleura), and heart (pericardium) are all innervated with many nerve fibers. Therefore, anything that irritates these linings can cause severe pain. In contrat, many of the organs that reside in these cavities have very few pain fibers; the nerves are more responsible for organ function. ...Read more
If the suffix -itis means "inflammation of" what do peritonitis, pleurisy and pericarditis have in common?
Do some research on pleurisy, peritonitis and pericarditis. What are these conditions and how do they affect homeostasis in the body?
If you have normal 2decho jan, 12 lead ecg, chest xray, how long would pleurisy or pericarditis take place or will it happen even normal test?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference btw herpes and ringworm?
- How can you tell the difference between kidney pain and flank pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between testicular cancer and just epyditimitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- How can i tell the difference between scabies or bedbugs?
- Talk to a pediatric cardiologist online for free