Doctor insights on:
Playing Sports After Herniated Disc Surgery
Herniated disk is also known as Bulging disk. Herniated disk is a medical condition in which the gel like disk between the bones of the spine squeezes out of its center position. Because nerves run in the spine right next to the disk, a herniated disk can compress a nerve and cause symptoms such as low back ...Read more
How long, how much?: Nerve dysfunction including numbness, weakness and pain may not resolve immediately after surgery. This depends on factors such as age, length of time nerve pressure was unrelieved pre-op, severity of compression, co-morbities (your pre-existing health issues) length of time from surgery--it may take months to improve. Warning new symptoms post-op always require re-evaluation. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Usually not long: If you had a disc herniation and subsequently underwent spinal surgery for leg pain, then that pain should resolve immediately after the surgery. You may have some minor tingling and minor discomfort, however the true sciatic type pain should resolved relatively quickly after a lumbar discectomy. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I've been diagnosed with a herniated disc after severe pain for only 8 days but doctors are recommending immediate surgery due to leg weakness-advice?
Wear and tear can cause degeneration in the vertebral column, and cause discs to deteriorate. The supportive basket, nucleus fibrosis develops small tears. A bulge is minimal perhaps a few millimeters, and is clinically insignificant, but additional disc displacement such as protrusion or herniation may compress ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to play sports after herniated disk surgery?
- Playing sports after herniated disc injury
- Is it ok to still have pain and numbness after herniated disc surgery?
- Alleviate leg pain after herniated disc surgery
- Resume sports after herniated lumbar disc
- How to lift weights after herniated neck disc surgery?
- Pain after herniated disc surgery
- Playing sports with herniated disc treatment for
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free