Doctor insights on:
Plastic Eyeglass Frames
Yes: The second store will probably not be thrilled about this but they will put the lenses in based upon your up to date prescription. Why not get the whole thing in one place? ...Read more
One of my pairs of eyeglasses frames got bent b/c somebody sat on them. Now the right lens is closer to the eye than it should be. Is this harmful?
When adjusting plastic glasses frames, do you bend the ear pieces straight down? Or do you curve them inwards?
Snap and crack: For the same size lens Plastic is heavier. Polycarbonate will be uv400. For those 2 you probably can't tell. Plastic snaps or shatters went bent past tolerance, polycarbonate just bends and then past tolerance will not resume its original shape. Plastic is typically cheaper but has better optical quality ...Read more
When going to a eye specialist to have an eyeglasses made, is it possible to bring my own eyeglass frame to use?
Yes: Yes, in my practice we need to inspect them and then have the client release liability for the frame and any possible defects that we can not detect but if the frames are in adequate shape we will agree to place lenses in them for you. Some dispensaries will not let you use your own frames. They do not know the contdition of them and do not want the responsability if they break, and lost income. ...Read more
Heard that glass lenses for eyeglasses are somehow superior to plastic or composite lenses. Any truth to this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Glass eyeglass lenses vs plastic
- Polycarbonate vs plastic eyeglass lenses
- What would happen if you accidentally swallowed small pieces of a plastic fork?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Urine smells like plastic
- Plastic surgery to look asian
- Vanessa marcil plastic surgery
- Lose weight putting a plastic bag around your stomach
- How to adjust plastic eyeglass frames?