Doctor insights on:
Plastic Bottle Caps Dialysis
My 14 yr o son developed a habit of chewing on plastic bottle caps and the plastic ring of ther bbottle. Health effects, chemicals or reason for urge?
Toxins are in: Plastic. Don't panic but try to get him to switch to something else, e.g., gum, mints, etc. Never microwave food w/saran wrap. It releases the toxins. Please don't drink bottles of water that have been sitting around. The toxins eventually migrate to the water. Peace and good health.
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
I lost a bet and had to stick a plastic bottle up my butt, and I didn't put it in but like a little past the cap, can I die from that.
Bottle: Highly unlikely unless you have caused excessive trauma and bleeding which has not stopped.See 1 more doctor answer
How safe are plastic bottle caps? I drank several times from a bottle of water before I realized it was dirty on the outside (cap was dirty too).
This may be a strange question. But I am addicted to chewing on plastic water bottle caps. Is there health issues I should be worried about? Or not?
ParafunctionalHabit: It has been suggested that contributing factors such as the loss of posterior dental support and presence of parafunctional habits (e.g., clenching, chewing gum, chewing on pencils/pens, nails biting or chewing on "plastic water bottle caps") may play a role in temporomandibular joint dysfunction. Rec: to replace this habit.
I swallowed a plastic water bottle cap, I don't feel sick or anything but I'm worried I won't poop it out.?
Wouldn't worry on it: If it made it passed your stomach entrance it will most likely pass & you may not even be aware of it. If you want to hurry it along you can eat stewed okra, which forms a congeal around such objects & softens the edges.See 2 more doctor answers
Please help I was chewing on a plastic bottle cap and spit landed on my arm and then I wiped my eye and the spit got in to my eye will I get herpes?
Doubtful: If the bottle cap contained spit contaminated with Herpes type two, it might cause a problem Type one is the most common and you are almost certainly immune to that type.
Yes but other toxins: Many plastics are BPA free;you can tell by checking the recycling symbol: those with 7 are high in BPA but 3 and 6 are also quite toxic.1, 2, 4 and 8 are safer- see https://healdove. Com/misc/Plastics-to-Avoid However, many BPA-free plastics contain BPS or BPF which may be just as bad. No plastic bottles are entirely safe. See http://time. Com/3742871/bpa-free-health/ and http://tinyurl. Com/y7sxzzj5
Use glass: All the plastics leach out some chemicals. Better with glass. Or even better, breast feed. Breast milk can be pumped and frozen too for later use or when you are away from baby. Breast milk is always best.
No: No, plastic water bottles are not dangerous. The Food and Drug Administration in Washington monitors these things. For safety.
Safe: PET resin Plastic bottles are safe in the US. If they were not the Food and Drug Administration or FDA would not allow manufacturers to continue to let them be used. The bottles have been tested rigorously by the World Health Organization.
Probably all: Glass and stainless are no problem at all. Some plastics contain plasticizers that a few consider toxic to some degree. Certification is now available to allow you to purchase safe plastics. The risk, if any, is small and so far not proven. But you are totally safe with stainless and glass.
Possibly: Toxic chemicals are released by certain plastics when exposed to prolonged sunlight. Some of these are carcinogens.
Discard them: Glass absorbs nothing. Plastics give off chemicals and may interact with the contents of the bottle. Please recall that breast feeding is best for baby and mother.
Glass safer: The linings of baby bottles had bpa (bisphenol a) so nih & epa reviewed 700 published studies on bpa, the levels currently found in humans is higher than the levels causing adverse effects in animal studies. The U.S. Department of health and human services' center for the evaluation of risks to human reproduction has expressed "some concern for neural and behavioral effects".See 1 more doctor answer
Yesterday I was having a great mood of sex but my partner was not here so I used a plastic small bottle but now it has gone inside how to take it out?
Vaginal foreign body: Fortunately when things get lost inside the vagina, it's not that difficult to get it out. I suggest squatting, relaxing your muscles as if you're taking out a tampon and see if you can pull the bottle out. If there's suction to the opening gently try to break the suction with your fingertip.
Yes.: Yes. I do this with plastic bottles I carry on my bike all the time. However, clean immediately after drinkoing it. It is much easier to clean and reuse.
Yes but: Most bottled water is really tap water put in bottles. There are many studies showing the composition of the contents of these bottles and you will be paying a lot for what you can get from your faucet at home. Check 'consumer reports' on google for data on this. Bottled water is convenient but does not usually have the health benefits advertised. A few think their are toxins in the plastics.
Plastic can melt: I would think lukewarm water and soap would be better for a thin plastic like a recyclable bottle, but for a hard reusable bottle hot water should be fine, especially if it is "dishwasher safe"
E-mail scare: Thanks for asking. It would be surprising if this were true in a nation with huge numbers of science people studying products as intensively as they do. This looked like a scare e-mail, science-talk but withholding key facts, and I'm ready to trust the folks at harvard http://www. Health. Harvard. Edu/fhg/updates/update0706a.Shtml.