Doctor insights on:
Places You Can Get Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
From herpes viruses: A person can get herpes from another person's fresh herpes sores. The other person may have sores on his or her genitals, lips, fingers, etc..., and transmit viruses by touching the uninfected person. Sometimes, infected persons can transmit herpes even when they don't have visible fresh herpes sores, so prevention is not always possible. Most adults have had oral herpes, as it is so common. ...Read more
Sexual contact.: Herpes infections are actually very common. By the time you are sexually active, there is about a 40% chance that you have been exposed to herpes type 1 or 2. Most people you have herpes will not know it, yet they can transmit it to others. Some people actually get an outbreak and rarely some individuals get frequent outbreaks. Limit your sexual partners to as few as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get shingles twice in the same place?
- Can you get herpes?
- Can you get herpes in the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get herpes twice?
- Can you get shingles in more than one place?
- Can you get herpes from getting head?
- Can ribs get out of place?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free