Doctor insights on:
Placental Abruption Fetal Heart Rate Abnormalities
<110, or >160 bpm.: After the first trimester, the fetal heart rate should fluctuate between 110-160 beats per minute. Arrhythmias (skipped beats, tachy-/brady-arrhythmias) account for most pre-labor abnormal heart rates. Intrapartum fetal heart rate depends on fetal oxygenation and placental perfusion and is used to prevent death of brain injury during labor. Decelerations may be early, variable or late. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Head compression.: Typically, the fetal heart rate decreases episodically with contractions during the pushing stage of labor as the fetal head is compressed and rapidly descends in the birth canal. Head compression causes a parasympathetic neural discharge that slows the heart rate as long as the intracranial pressure continues. Other causes: cord compression, placental failure can also occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many causes.: Bradyarrhythmias (heart block, hypothyroidism, drugs) can lower the fetal heart rate persistently, however the most common reason is cord or placental accidents that threaten the fetal well-being. Your obstetrician and/or perinatologist should be able to help you avoid this problem. ...Read more
Babies tell us a lot: Monitoring a fetus by fetal hr, ultrasound or the expectant woman's perception of activity is important. No one test can tell us everything we need to know, but together they can tell us which babies might be better off delivered. If a baby is near term and the testing is worrisome then obstetric specialists or subspecialists might deliver. But conditions can change. Plus every case is different. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anomaly: Can't tell you what the person meant who produced what you are quoting but an anomaly in general is an abnormality. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does placental abruption cause fetal heart rate abnormalities?
- Hyperthyroidism fetal heart rate abnormalities
- Adult asthma fetal heart rate abnormalities
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is fetal heart rate abnormalities a symptom of adult asthma?
- Is fetal heart rate abnormalities a symptom of wrapped cord?
- Is fetal heart rate abnormalities a symptom of pulmonary embolus?
- Average fetal heart rate at 11 weeks
- Talk to a pediatrician online