Doctor insights on:
Am I at higher risk for placental calcification for 2nd pregnancy? My first was born @35.5wk and placenta was almost completely calcified. Non-smoker
I am 27 weeks pregnant and my nurse told me there were calcification spots on my placenta. My dr. Was not concerned. Should i be worried this early on?
Calcification spots: Calcification can show up as the placenta ages. It can be graded. A highly calcified placenta could be of concern in the second trimester as it could impact the fetus. If you are a smoker – would stop. The fact that your doctor indicated it was alright is assumed to mean that you are about to enter your third trimester & the amount of calcification is acceptable. Congratulations & take care. ...Read more
Aortic stenosis: A common cause of aortic stenosis or blocked aortic valve. In normal 3 leaflet valves usually presents 65-75 yrs. In bicuspid valves it presents 10-15 yrs earlier. Majority of bicuspid valves develop calcific av disease. Why only some of normal valves do isn't clear. There is a relationship with turbulent blood flow. Also it shares some risk factors to atherosclerosis. ...Read more
Tender: It feels tender. You cannot generally feel the deposit. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes calcification of the placenta?
- Are prostate calcifications a serious problem?
- Endometrial calcification of the uterus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low lying placenta precautions
- Pelvic calcifications phleboliths
- Calcified lymph nodes neck
- Calcification of thyroid nodule mean cancer
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online