Doctor insights on:
Pinworms Other Nematodes
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Yes & no: The transmission of pinworms requires the ingestion of pinworm eggs.These quite easily end up on the fingers of someone changing the bed linen or sharing a bed with an infected person who sheds them. They are not transmitted from blood, saliva or a sneeze, like many other agents. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Itching: especially at night, will continue. They can migrate into the vagina and urethra laying eggs there and leading to itching in one or both locations. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrUlhufWlIA ...Read more
I wouldn't: There is limited or no studies in treatment this young with available prescribed or otc preparations.Most apply to kids over 2 yo. I would question whether any infant at 4 months would actually have pin worms.I have never seen it that young in 30+ years of practice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is pinworm prevalent in other countries?
- When one hand is colder than the other
- Other teeth hurt after wisdom tooth extraction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the respiratory system work with other body systems?
- One tonsil bigger than the other
- Pinworm pictures in stool
- How long does it take to get rid of pinworms?
- Talk to a pediatrician online