Doctor insights on:
Pink Eye How Do You Get It
A virus infection: The term "pink eye" usually refers viral conjunctivitis. It is highly contagious. Because it is not due to a bacterial, antibiotic drops are not effective. The infection will go away by itself, just as in the common cold. Topical artificial tears can help with symptoms. ...Read more
I have a date in 24 hours and just woke up with pink eye how do I get rid of it by tommorow night?
See your doctor: Is the quickest way. There are some great medical eye drops that can make an improvement in 24 hours if it is infectious. If it is allergic then you may find that over the counter clear eyes helps. Similisan also makes a great homeopathic eye drop that will help...But the quickest way for infectious pink eye are prescription eye drops from a practitioner. ...Read more
Most commonly viral: "pinkeye" is a general term for inflammation of the white of the eye, or conjunctivitis. It is often viral, but can be bacterial or even allergic. Some forms of viral pinkeye can be quite debilitating, even leading to visual loss. Recent antiviral medications have proved quite effective against the more severe forms of conjunctivitis, so be sure to see your eye doctor at the first signs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
As fast as a cold: "pink eye" generally describes an eye infection caused by the common cold virus. It is the same disease, just infecting a different part of the body. Similarly to the common cold, it is contagious, and typically starts within hours to a few days after contact with an infected person. Once the virus takes hold on the eye, it can last between 7-14 days, or longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is pink eye and how do you get it?
- How do you get rid of pink eye before it gets really bad?
- How do you get pink eye poop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to get rid of pink eye?
- Can you get a knot in your deltoid muscle how do you get rid of it?
- How do you know if you have scalp fungus and how do you get rid of it?
- I have a cyst on my eye how do i get rid of it
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free