Doctor insights on:
I just took 4 875mg amoxicillin back to back, without knowing I shouldn't make up doses. Am I likely to overdose?
I misread my directions and was taking amoxicillin two times a day instead of two time twice a day. I did this for a week. Will this mess me up ?
Amoxicillin xcess: Amoxicillin is one of the most prescribed antibiotics in medicine and dentistry. Double dosing is unlikely to cause any difficulties or problems. Taking too much of an antibiotic is no more effective against the infection than the appropriate dose but the excess is processed and eliminated in the urine. Taking too little of the drug can theoretically put you at risk of unresponsive infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can amoxicillin cure cough?
- Amoxicillin 400mg/5ml dosage for 2 year old
- How long til amoxicillin starts to work on tooth infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does amoxicillin expire?
- Can amoxicillin make you tired?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online