Doctor insights on:
Physical Therapy (Definition)
Physical therapy can provide back exercises to relieve tension on discs and nerves in the back in order to improve sciatica symptoms.
I first just wanted to say thank you for being willing to be part of my care team I have been having a lot of symptoms that quite frankly are scary and I just want to know what the next step would be I've been doing physical therapy this will be my third
Pain: Hi, sorry to hear u r in pain, but ur question is not complete, r u having pain in ur back? have you seen a spine surgeon? please tell us where it hurts. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends!: It depends on what your doctor ordered. I generally prescribe an exercise program to stretch and strengthen the back (the therapist instructs you in this), plus general fitness (aerobic exercise). The therapist may use other techniques, but in the end you should be able to do the exercise program on your own. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Improve function: The goal of physical therapy is to restore function of affected parts of the body. It requires passive or active mobilization of groups of muscles or soft tissue ( tendons, ligaments )and treatment of the inflammation with different exercises, movements, technics or machines. They use heat or cold, electrical stimulation, ultrasound waves, weights, massage or others. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need to make claim: Physical therapy may or may not be part of treatment after an injury. To have it covered by workmens comp, first you would need to make a claim of a work related injury thru your employer and have that claim be accepted as a work related injury. Then, work with the physician you are seeing for the injury to determine the best course of treatment. Physical therapy might be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Here's what one of my friends does: http://www.Leashyourfitness.Com/ here is more medical environment information: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/animal-assisted_therapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Physical therapy after broken finger
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a torn meniscus?
- Physical therapy after broken foot
- What are good physical therapy exercises for fingers?
- How long do i need to go to physical therapy after rotator cuff surgery?
- What physical therapy should i do after breaking my little finger?
- How much time in physical therapy will i need after acl reconstruction?
- Broken wrist complications after cast removal and physical therapy
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free