Doctor insights on:
Physical Development Of Children With Asperger Syndrome
Asperger's syndrome is a developmental disorder affecting a person's ability to socialize and communicate effectively. Common symptoms include unusual nonverbal communication, not being sensitive of others' feelings, having difficulty understanding humor, and speaking ...Read more
No: At present, no medications have been shown to treat any form of pervasive developmnental disorder (pdd)--increasing called autism spectrum disorders (asd). Some symptoms such as repetitive behaviors and obsessions may respond to medications, but we have no cure--or even good treatement--for the disorder itself, whether asperger's or autism ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Related to autism: Asperger's disorder shares with autism a marked impairment in the ability of an individual to engage socially with others; it also typically is characterized by intense, sometimes quite odd, interests is specific topics or activities. It's major difference from autism is that language is relatively unaffected, which also means that most have normal or higher iq. It still can be quite impairing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How can I make my friend with Asperger syndrome feel better about herself? It seems so complicated.
What is the difference between Asperger syndrome and Asperger disorder, or is there no difference?
None at all: These are synonymous terms. The "formal" diagnosis is asperger's disorder. Syndrome refers to a cluster of symptoms that co-occur and help us identify a disorder. All of this almost certainly will be changing in the next few years with the release of a new diagnostic manual. The proposal is to lump autism, asperger's disorder, and several others under the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nothing: Diagnosis for both overlaps.Get a more detailed answer ›
None at all: These are synonymous terms. The "formal" diagnosis is asperger's disorder. Syndrome refers to a cluster of symptoms that co-occur and help us identify a disorder. All this will change may 2013. The new diagnostic manual (dsm-5) lumps autism, asperger's disorder, and several others under the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes hand flapping in children with aspergers syndrome?
- Percentage of asperger children with extremely high iq
- Affects of personality and moral development on children with autism
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Developmental milestones of children with fetal alcohol syndrome
- What percentage of individuals with autism or asperger syndrome get married?
- Discipline for children with aspergers syndrome and adhd
- Communication and social skills exercises for children with aspergers syndrome
- Talk to a pediatrician online