Doctor insights on:
Shop around: The most important aspect in purchazing a light therapy lamp for sad is to make sure that it emits 10, 000 lux wavelength light band. There are some companies pricing these for a couple hundred or more on the internet. A year or two ago i did stumble upon one at lowes or menards that was around $30 and specifically had the waveband listed. ...Read more
Name only, usually.: Full spectrum bulbs should have the same mix of light rays that sunlight does or they are not full spectrum bulbs. To be effective light therapy lamps should also try, as much as possible, to mimic the suns' rays. It is easier to do so with larger lamps. Some portable led lamps will not usually have that advantage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Light source: Get a light that emits frequencies mimicing sunlight as closely as possible. Make sure it's easy to use under a range of circumstances. If too large, heavy or awkward then a tendency to not use it defeats its purpose. Some run on rechargeable batteries and are quite portable and easy to use. Led lights work well even though they are not totally sunlight similar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am an sad sufferer and I am no longer able to control my symptoms with light therapy or vitamins can you please help?
How long will recovery be after phototherapy? How long will i need to stay out of public after being treated with phototherapy?
Pl clarify question: It may depend upon the medical condition and the duration for which you are getting the phototherapy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Throat hurts when crying or sad thyroid
- Why does my chest hurt when i'm sad?
- Phototherapy vs tanning bed
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between blue light and uv light for sad?
- How to feel less sad and lonely at night while boyfriend is overseas?
- How does phototherapy cure jaundice for newborn babies?
- Sinking feeling in chest when sad
- Talk to a pediatrician online