Doctor insights on:
A semi-autonomous, convulsive expulsion of air from the lungs through the nose and mouth, usually caused by foreign particles irritating the nasal mucosa. A sneeze expels air forcibly from the mouth and nose in an explosive, spasmodic involuntary action resulting chiefly from irritation of the nasal ...Read more
Please clarify: where the pain was located, the characteristic, severity and duration of pain so we can try to answer your question. Please provide additional info and re-ask. Take care. ...Read more
Normal.: It's called the photic sneeze reflex, and it occurs in around 20-30% of the population. The reason it exists is not well understood. No treatment is needed, but he should consider shielding his eyes from abrupt light or sunlight to avoid triggering a forceful bout of sneezes, especially if driving or operating machinery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Might be allergies: It may mean you have allergies especially if you sneeze more than three times in a row and have other symptoms like runny, stuffy nose, itchy, watery eyes. Patients with dust mite, feather or even pet allergies tend to have a lot of symptoms in the morning, after being exposed to the allergen all night. If this is very troublesome for you, please discuss the symptoms with your physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different Genes!: Everyone is built differently based on our genetic code and we interact differently with our environment. Some people are more sensitive to different allergens and things in the air that make us sneeze. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Abdominal pain when coughing or sneezing
- Why does my chest hurt when i sneeze?
- Why does my abdomen hurt when i sneeze?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chest pain after sneezing
- Why does the sneezing start when i wake up each morning?
- A sweet smell is released when i sneeze why is this
- Blood from nose while sneezing
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online