Doctor insights on:
Photochromatic Lenses Bad For Eyes
Depends, but mostly: On factors such as cleanliness, duration and frequency of use. Infection and allergic conjunctivitis can occur and are more likely if the lenses aren't taken care of properly or are over worn. So, they can be bad for the eyes if an infection develops. Hard contact lenses can temporarily change the shape of the cornea. Best to see a good eye specialist. ...Read more
Brown or grey: To block the uv light most effectively, sunglasses of brown or grey are the best. These always have incorporated in them uv blockage. Other colors are mostly cosmetic and a few for special circumstances. None are bad for the eyes although some are not effective. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: It is not bad, but it will make the eyes look a bit muddy. ...Read more
No: But you must be careful where you get them and the quality of the lenses. Most problems occur due to infection or expiration of the lenses. Also, some people's eyes may be more sensitive than others. If your eyes become red, take them out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are contact lenses bad for your eyes?
- What color sunglasses lenses are good or bad for your eyes?
- Contact lenses itchy eyes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Contact lenses tired eyes
- Eyes rejecting contact lenses
- The best photochromatic sunglasses
- Irritated eyes from contact lenses
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free