Doctor insights on:
Petroleum Jelly Overdose
Better options.: Using petroleum jelly for genital lubrication is reported to make some women more susceptible to vaginal infections & sexually transmitted diseases: http://tribune.Com.Ng/news2013/index.Php/en/component/k2/item/8338-using-petroleum-jelly-as-genital-lubricant-exposes-to-hiv-infection. ...Read more
Doesn't treat: Pertroleum jelly, as the name suggest is a petroleum product that can degrade condoms or a diaphragm. It doesn't treat the cause of itching, which might be a yeast infection that should be treated with an antifungal medication or other skin condition. It's not necessarily harmful, but may not be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible yes, but: Water soluble jelly is preferable and gender to your body. ...Read more
Does the human body absorb petroleum jelly through the skin? Is it unsafe to use petroleum based products, are there health risks?
No: Petro jelly is not toxic or significantly absorbed it does hydrate the skin from the outside. ...Read more
I have sensitive skin and my face gets very dry and at times can be painful and now I use petroleum jelly at bedtime, but, i still have the problem?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is vaseline petroleum jelly good for the face?
- Is vaseline petroleum jelly safe?
- Will petroleum jelly help eyelashes grow
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Effect of using expired petroleum jelly
- Does petroleum jelly help cold sores?
- White petrolatum vs petroleum jelly
- Allergic reaction to petroleum jelly
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free