Doctor insights on:
Pertussis Vomit Color
I have pertussis (whooping cough) and after i eat, i start coughing which makes me want to vomit. Should i?
Yes: One of the key symptoms of pertussis is episodes of coughing followed by nausea like symptoms and or vomiting. As pertussis is severe infection with lot of mucus body tries to eliminate the mucus by vomiting and if you feels then should vomit. Take adequate rx for pertussis. It may take weeks for symptoms to improve sometimes if infection is severe. F/u with md. Best wishes. ...Read more
What is the question: Can you be more specific?Get a more detailed answer ›
Be specific: Can you be more specific and ask this question again? ...Read more
Yes: The latest research demonstrates that approximately 60- 70% of infants with documented whooping cough or pertussis have been infected by contacts with family members. If the grandparents have not been recently vaccinated with the tdap vaccine, they should receive one asap.Remember that pertussis can be deadly in infants. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is vomiting a symptom of pertussis?
- Pertussis post tussive vomiting
- Is post tussive vomiting a symptom of pertussis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is vomit color a symptom of intussusception?
- Is vomit color a symptom of volvulus?
- Is vomit color a symptom of celiac?
- Is vomit color a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online