Doctor insights on:
Personalities Of Adopted Children Compared To Adoptive Parents
Increased Risk: Incidence of celiac sprue in this country is around 1/130. The niddk has a website for more info, first degree relatives of celiac patients are at much higher risk for developing it. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/celiac/. ...Read more
Nature/nurture: As children develop they are shaped by two factors, their genetics and their enviornment. The mental health of the parent would impact both. Genetically many mental health disorers are generationally passed on. The stability of a parent greatly affects the child developmentally. Different theories of development identify different levels of impact. Overall, most theories agree childhood is. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Untreated syphilis can be passed to a newborn at any stage of pregnancy, but is more likely transferred if it is acquired for the first time during pregnancy. It is standard practice for OBs and hospitals to test for this STD during pregnancy or during labor. It can be treated prior to or after delivery with good result for the newborn.Cured parents do not transfer the germ ...Read more
Some do. Some don't.: If children always have higher IQ's than their parents, then the human species would have higher and higher IQ's with each generation... which is not what we see in real life. The opposite is also not true: children also do not always have lower IQ's than their parents. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Psychological evaluation for adoptive parents
- Average income of adoptive parents
- Why do adopted adult children turn against their adopted parents?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Psychological evaluation summary for adoptive parents
- Ptsd in adopted children
- Do adopted children have a higher rate of ptsd?
- Parent children with schizophrenia
- Talk to a pediatrician online