Doctor insights on:
Person Manually Massage Leg Lymphedema
What to do if I have had lymphedema in my right leg for about 3 years now but I don't understand why?
Reduce Swelling: Lymphedema is due to increased back pressure in either the lymphatic or venous systems or a combination of both. It can occur in any extremity and most commonly in the legs. The goal of treatment is to reduce the pressure by several modalities-elevation, compression stockings or bandages, lymphedema massage and sequential segmental pumps. Unfortunately, lymphedema is a chronic condition. ...Read more
Swelling is an enemy: Lymphedema has several causes. The swelling is bothersome, makes your legs heavy. Uncontrolled and with time, swelling causes permanent skin damage, skin color change, ulcerations, poor wound healing. Doctors recommend compression devices as first line therapy to control swelling. Ice packs, leg elevation, some interventions, a doctor visit, leg vein ultrasoud might also help control swelling. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Compression: Visit a lymphedema clinic if possible. They will help coordinate your treatment plan. Compression, compression, compression is most effective at bringing down swelling and for maintenance (ace wraps, stockings, etc.). Leg elevation at the end of the day. Massage therapy is offered by many lymphedema clinics. Sometimes a diuretic (water pill) can help bring down the swelling....Ask your doc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Person massage lymphedema arm
- Leg massage technique
- Can i get a deep tissue massage if have a blood clot in my leg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Leg exercises to gain back strength for a bedridden person
- Tingling down leg five days after massage possibly from walking on back
- Can a person get his leg amputated because of an infected splinter?
- Breast cancer leg massage
- Talk to a dermatologist online