Doctor insights on:
Peritoneal Venous Shunt Insertion
Treatment for Hydrocephalus with posterior fossa cyst & VP Shunt insertion with pyogenic meaningitis?
See below: As long as the shunt is functioning, there should not be a problem. ...Read more
Goes to: Superior vena cava a large vein in the chest, typically. ...Read more
Thru a vein: Then it is directed to higher up in the venous circulation. ...Read more
See below: A dialysis catheter is a conduit to access either the blood stream or the peritoneal cavity to enable to performance of dialysis. Hemodialysis catheters can be acute or temporary or chronic and in that case tunnelled under the skin. Peritoneal catheters are always tunnelled and enter the abdominal wall. Insertion is done with local anesthesia under ultrasound guidance or surgically. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What can be done to minimize the pain of folley catheter insertion and removal? I recall this experience as the most unbearably painful event.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Central venous line insertion procedure
- Central venous catheter insertion
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get hiv from insertion of a finger into a vagina?
- Peritoneal cancer life expectancy
- Venous insufficiency
- Primary peritoneal cancer life expectancy
- Peritoneal venous shunt removal