Doctor insights on:
For educational purposes, i look up any meds i take. Which cytochrome p450 enzymes metabolize the first-gen antihistamine periactin? Or are effected?
Cyproheptadine: Aromatic ring hydroxylation ( followed by glucuronide conjugation), and n-demethylation, end heterocyclic ring oxidation were shown to occur in man. The principal metabolite, however, was identified tentatively as a quaternary ammonium. Glucuronide-like conjugate of cyproheptadine. The exact mechanisms for the glucuronidation are not entirely clear. ...Read more
Does Benadryl share any of the anti-serotoninergic effects that periactin has? Or is a sert inhibitor the opposite? Having seritonin migraine..
Neither..4 most part: Benadryl is an antihistamine. As a potent antagonist to acetylcholine in muscarinic receptors, Diphenhydramine is used to treat parkinson's disease-like extrapyramidal symptoms caused by typical antipsychotics. It haslso been shown to weakly inhibit the reuptake of serotonin. ...Read more
Could be several but: It depends why you are taking it...This is an antihistamine which helps itching. But, it can make you sleepy, or even hungry(sometimes given to increase appetite). There are several over the counter anti-histamines(which you to be available only by prescription) which are very helpful --allegra, zyrtec, claritin. Read the labels and see if they help you. If not check with the dr. Who prescribed it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Periactin sedating antihistamine
- Can you take mucinex with an antihistamine?
- What is the highest dose of antihistamine i can take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Antihistamine cream brands
- Dayquil antihistamine
- Can i take more than one antihistamine?
- Is there a homeopathic remedy which acts as an antihistamine?
- Talk to a dermatologist online