Doctor insights on:
Years of drug abuse have left me with a perforated septum. Now sober, i worry it could cause problems. Are there procedures to fix it, or is it okay?
Nasal septal perf: If you already have an issue with your nasal septum that puts you at risk for developing a septal perforation, use of saline nasal spray will not necessarily prevent the perforation from occurring. If you have not done so already, see an ENT for evaluation and treatment of the cause. This may prevent the perforation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Septal perforation repair often requires rearranging of the tissue in the region of the perforation. A simple septoplasty would not be enough to take care of a perforation and could make the hole bigger. You really need to talk to your surgeon to discuss the surgical plan and the chances of success. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will using a salt water nasal spray help prevent developing a perforated septum
- Perforated septum symptoms
- Deviated or perforated nasal septum
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Perforated septum surgery
- Perforated septum repair
- How to fix a deviated septum without surgery?
- Home remedies for deviated nasal septum
- Perforated nasal septum