Doctor insights on:
Perforated Bowel Symptoms
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
A year ago i felt bowel perforation symptoms for 2 days after using anal toys. My irksome bowels beg the question: did i really hurt my colon or anus?
??Perforation??: If you had bowel perforation that went untreated you would not survive! if you scratched/scraped/cut some of the inner surfaces in your rectal area it obviously healed to some degree but may have left some scarred tissue. If you cut the muscles within the anus, it could cause a stricture or a difficult to close outlet. A simple rectal exam by your doc could provide better info & help you improve. ...Read more
Go to the ER: this is a medical emergency.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of perforated bowel after colonoscopy
- Perforated bowel
- Perforated bowel treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a perforated bowel?
- Cause of perforated bowel
- Perforated bowel peritonitis
- Perforated bowel diverticulitis
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online