Doctor insights on:
Pepto Bismol And Black Stools
Pepto: May also turn them black in color. ...Read more
Yes.: There is no interaction.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: The bismuth in Peto Bismol typically turns peoples stools dark. This is normal. ...Read more
Should i be concerned about taking pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) and have loose black stool?
Yes, it can turn: Your stool black. If you have black, tarry, foul smelling stool that would need to be checked out promptly because it can be related to GI bleeding. ...Read more
Yes: The commonest side effects from pepto are black stool, black tongue, constipation and - if really overdone - tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Of course you are taking the pepto short-term for soemthing; if you feel the need to continue it for more than 2 weeks you should see your md. ...Read more
Pepto: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes, yes: Bismuth, the main ingredient in pepto bismol, (bismuth subsalicylate) will turn the stools black transiently and may lead to temporary constipation. Ifr the black stools continue days after use of pepto, you need to see a GI doctor to be evaluated for an upper GI source of bleeding from your stomach which will also cause the stools to be black. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It will help with gas due to high acid. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Black stool and pepto bismol
- Pepto bismol cause black stools
- Pepto bismol causes black stool
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pepto bismol side effects black stool
- Does pepto bismol turn stool black?
- Does pepto bismol cause black stool?
- Why does pepto bismol turn stool black?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online