Doctor insights on:
Peptic Ulcers What Helps Healing The Most
Ulcer healing: In treating peptic ulcer disease, it is essential to withdraw potential offending or contributing agents such as nsaids, cigarettes, and excess alcohol. If the bacterium h. Pylori is discovered, your doctor will try to eradicate it. Stress reduction is not believed to have much bearing on healing of ulcers. You should probably avoid foods which cause symptoms (dyspepsia). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long do none peptic ulcers usually take to heal (with slight treatment and diet changes)? Usually how long until a patient becomes pain free?
Peptic ulcer: Peptic ulcers,usually in the duodenum, heal within a few weeks of treatment with bland diet, abstinence from alcohol,nicotine and avoidance of caffeine as well as the Daily taking of ppi medications like prilosec or nexium. The discomfort usually resolves more quickly-within days to a week. Of course these are generalizations and there are exceptions. ...Read more
Fast may not be best: Some medicine works fast, but not as good as others tha tmay take a bit longer. Otc zegerid is probably the fastest, but not necessarily the best. The best medication is the one that works for you without causing signifincant side effects or being too expensive for your budget. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Meds, occ surgery: These days we are aware that most ulcers are caused by a bacterial infection (h. Pylori): treat infection for about 2 weeks, involves meds to reduce acid production as well , e.g. Nexium or prilosec, cures the disease in most . Complicated ulcers, e.g. Bleed or perforate are more involved to treat. Uncomplicated ulcers caused by nsaids rxd with meds, e.g. Nexium or prilosec, less surgery these day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Swollen and painful foot after 2 hour hike what would help the most
- What are recently approved drugs for the management of peptic ulcer disease?
- What are the most common causes of skin ulcers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are recommended tests that can determine the cause of a peptic ulcer?
- What are the symptoms of a peptic ulcer?
- What helps the most with chronic fatigue and pain?
- What exercise movements will help me lose the most weight in less time?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online