Doctor insights on:
Pelvic Rest (Nothing Permitted In The Vagina)
Been on pelvic rest since 30 wks. Dr. Released me (36 wks), but have heard that sex induces labor - esp w/ long times between. True? Not ready yet.
No intercourse.: It means to avoid anything per vaginam (including sex, tampons, douche, or other devices). It is generally recommended when someone is at risk for bleeding (e.g. From placenta/vasa previa) or preterm labor. It is a common sense approach with not solid evidence of efficacy behind it, however it costs little/nothing and makes sense. Prostaglandins and trauma during sex can trigger labor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pelvic rest
- What is pelvic rest?
- Pelvic rest during pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pelvic rest no intercourse
- How long is pelvic rest?
- Pelvic rest meaning during pregnancy
- How long is pelvic rest after d&c?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free