Doctor insights on:
Pelvic Rest No Intercourse
I have a marginal placenta previa at 20 weeks. My midwife recommends pelvic rest and no intercourse. Is masturbation okay?
See answer: This is a question you should definitely discuss with your doctor and/or midwife who are most familiar with you and your condition. Masturbation and orgasm are associated with uterine contraction which potentially may put you and your baby at risk of bleeding or other complications. Always best to heed the advice of your personal healthcare providers who are most familiar with you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im 12 weeks pregnant and having a cerclage soon. I was told I will be on pelvic rest. Should I currently be avoiding intercourse?
Been on pelvic rest since 30 wks. Dr. Released me (36 wks), but have heard that sex induces labor - esp w/ long times between. True? Not ready yet.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pelvic rest during pregnancy
- Pelvic rest (nothing permitted in the vagina)
- Pelvic rest placenta previa
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pelvic rest meaning during pregnancy
- Left pelvic pain during intercourse
- How long is pelvic rest after d&c?
- Severe pain during intercourse do i see urologist or give it a rest
- Pelvic rest