Doctor insights on:
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Symptoms In Women
Yes, mostly: Severe PID is very symptomatic with one exception, that is, Chlamydia which tends to "smolder" like a dumpster fire, and ultimately close Fallopian tubes if not detected or treated. ...Read more
See below: Pelvic inflammatory disease are caused by infections usually sexually transmitted. Abdominal pain, fever, and pelvic discharge can all be symptoms or some patients may not any symptoms at all. Untreated abscesses and infertility can occur. If you are concerned, it is best to see your gyn for an evaluation. ...Read more
Infertility & pain: No symptoms in 10%. Pelvic pain, tender cervix, vaginal discharge, usually mal-odorous, irregular menses, pain with sex, bowel movements & full bladder. Causes most commonly std such as gonorrhea, chlamydia or trichomonas from having unprotected sex with an infected partner. Can be caused by an iud, or following an abortion or misscarriage, blood or lymph born infection. ...Read more
Sexually transmitted: Diseases most common cause & from gonorrhea, chlamydia or trichomonas. Also from an iud, post abortion or miscarriage, infection spread via blood stream or lymphatics. 10% of women are symptom free. Symptoms include pelvic or lower abdominal pain, vaginal discharge which is usually malodorous, pain on intercourse, defecation & urinating, . ...Read more
See details: Potential symptoms are not symptoms. You treat the underlying cause with appropriate antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pelvic inflammatory disease symptoms
- Early symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease
- What are the symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pelvic inflammatory disease symptoms bloating
- Can women with pelvic inflammatory disease become pregnant?
- Does all pelvic inflammatory disease have symptoms?
- Pelvic inflammatory disease pid
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free