Doctor insights on:
Peeling Hands And Feet Causes
Probably not.: Unless there were dozens of insect bites located specifically on the hands and feet, it would be very unusual for a typical insect bite to trigger the hands and feet to peel. More likely is post-streptococcal infection or something called "hand-foot-mouth disease". Dyshidrosis is a skin condition that can cause peeling of hands and feet--typically associated with sweaty palms and feet that itch. ...Read more
My son's palms of hands and soles of feet are peeling. No itching or redness. This has occurred several times.. What causes this?
The palms and bottoms of my daughter's hand and feet are peeling, as is something were eating them. So i wonder what it could be causing it to do that?
Dry feet and hands: One hand and two foot syndrome is fungus that results in dryness of both soles and usually the dominant hand palm. Treatment with amlactin cream and Lamisil cream is often effective. Drynesss can be treated with amlactin cream. Allergy is possible, but less likely to affect both hands and feet. ...Read more
Dyshidrotic eczema: This is probably a condition called dyshidrotic eczema. This can be treated with steroid creams or ointments applied to the area with the blisters. Other treatments for resistant cases include phototherapy, and creams that suppress an over-active immune system in the affected skin. You can find more information here: http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000832.Htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could cause a rash on palms of hands and soles of feet?
- What causes hives on top of hands feet and knees?
- Skin peeling off hands and feet
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can stress cause tingling in hands and feet?
- Can a pinched nerve cause tingling in hands and feet?
- Causes of foot odor and peeling feet
- What can cause an itchy rash on hands and feet?
- Talk to a dermatologist online