Doctor insights on:
Reproduction: A louse achieves maturity in about 10 days and can begin laying eggs, which in tern hatch & begin the cycle over. They lay their eggs at the hairline, so the distance of the nits or egg casings from the scalp give you an idea how long they have been active. Hair grows about 1/2 inch/mo so a nit an inch from the scalp tells you there has been time for several generations to emerge. ...Read more
YES!: Vector transmission occurs when lice are spread through inanimate objects. For instance the lice can be on brushes, combs, hats, headphones, scarves, sweaters, coats, bedding, towels, upholstered furniture, carpet, stuffed toys & seats in a variety of areas. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When we should repeat the treatment to kill all parasites...In scabies or pediculosis ? Is that selective of obligatory to repeat ?
Scabies/ Lice: Both r notorious, need complete eradication from body, clothes, sofa, beds, siblings, friends..., i mean must leave your house and contacts. Scabies med. From head/neck to toe, repeat after 7 days; follow instruction clearly. Pediculosis can be in head, armpit, pubic and any hairy areas. Sometime resistant. Go online/google, look for restistnt peduculosis eradication tips. Talk to your doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pediculosis be treated intravenously?
- How long does it take for stomach ulcers to heal if treated?
- When being treated for bacterial vaginosis can you still have intercourse
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If treated by antibiotics how long until uti goes away
- Will i get my period back after anorexia is treated
- Once you have been treated for hyperthyroidism can you drink alcohol
- Will hair grow back after hypothyroidism is treated
- Talk to a pediatrician online