Doctor insights on:
Probiotics: Agree with dr. C. Zinc has been shown to help kids with zinc deficiency or malnourished kids with gastroenteritis but we don't know about other kids. But probiotics [include lactobacillus] may prevent gastroenteritis in adults and kids. Here's to healthy tummies! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Vomiting daily. Endoscopy clear biopsy showed gastroenteritis. Food diary didn't help. On Zofran but no relief. 10 years old. Going on for yrs. Next?
Abdominal migraine?: An uncommon cause of frequent vomiting, with normal growth and no obvious causes, may be abdominal migraines or cyclic vomiting syndrome. It can be treated with a migraine med- periactin is sometimes used. This is not common, but my son actually had it when he was 11. Resolved completely with medication. You may need to consult a pediatric neurologist for this. ...Read more
Germ invasion: The gut viruses are spread through saliva & end up on a variety of surfaces like door knobs or shopping carts & live for hours or days.The average adult will pass germs from their contaminated fingers to their face or mouth several times per hour. These germs invade the lining of your gut & cause symptoms.Some bacteria can enter the same way & cause the same sx. Frequent handwasing can reduce this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gastroenteritis so BADschools may close! I was not exposed but scared I'm going to get it!! Can I STILL get it if not exposed??!! HELP!
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pediatric gastroenteritis treatment
- Recurrent gastroenteritis in adults
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does flatulence associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Difference between gastroenteritis and stomach flu
- How long does headache associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Can you get gastroenteritis twice?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free