Doctor insights on:
Pectus Excavatum Can Is Cause Wheezing In The Chest
Random light headedness, stomach uneasiness, acid reflux, chest tightness, Anxiety not always present could Pectus Excavatum be the cause? Or Sinus's?
Not speed of light: Physical and systemic effects of anxiety do not work at the speed of light. It can take years to take a toll on some organs and the bodily expressions of anxiety don't turn on/off like a light switch. Try to let the doctors diagnose these complex conditions from your good detailed reports. Consider CBT therapy to improve your understanding of how it all interacts and learn ways to feel better. ...Read more
No: If you work out, you can still develop lovely muscles. ...Read more
Have a hole below my breasts. I searched a condition called pectus excavatum that looks very similar to mine but is that in between chest? what is it?
Pectus excavatum....: Pectus excavatum is a defect in the sternum, the bone in the middle of your chest. In this defect, the sternum looks "caved in"-the sternum is lower into the chest. This occurs midline. Not sure this is what you are describing so it would be a good idea for your doctor to examine you to diagnose your condition and treat if needed. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Usually not a painful condition.Get a more detailed answer ›
What type of specialist do I need to meet with in order to repair a pectus excavatum (sunken chest)?
Pediatric surgeon: Pectus excavatum does not alway require surgical repair. When patients have severe deformities and have an impact on their breathing or exercise tolerance, we repair pectus deformities, many with minimally invasive techniques like the "nuss procedure". ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pectus excavatum cause asthma?
- Pectus excavatum funnel chest
- How to build a muscular chest with pectus excavatum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can push ups help pectus excavatum?
- Can my sternum get pushed in further as i age if pectus excavatum?
- Can pectus excavatum press on the heart or lungs and become fatal?
- Can bad posture with pectus excavatum affect lung capacity?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free