Doctor insights on:
My son has a bump at the back of his head, looks like a bone and it's hard a size of a tiny peanut.
Bump on head: I would take him to the dr and have it checked out, it may be nothing but better to find that out. ...Read more
There is a lump above my left temple. I haven't fallen, or hit my head. The lump is the size of a large peanut,
Just started takeing bupropion 75mg was fine then ate peanut butter n milk that had prot powder like doc said n head feels hvy n nasues/tired. Worry?
I get severe headaches at night and early in the morning.I feel dizzy and light headed with them.I found that chocolate covered peanuts. Help?
See your doctor: With theses symptoms, its best to see your doctor. He/she can listen to you and do an examination to find out whats going on. ...Read more
Im a vegetarian and everytime i drink protein shakes, eat peanut butter or fruit i get shaky and light headed. What causes that?
Blood sugar/allergy: This is unusual. If these symptoms occur a couple hours after eating fruit it could be due to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) but that would be unlikely after protein/fats.You may be allergic/sensitive to these foods (or at least one of the ingredients in the shake).If you are allergic to these foods it may be related to imbalances of intestinal flora. I advise seeing a holistic doctor.See comment:. ...Read more
Some thing in: peanut butter. You may be allergic to an additive in peanut butter that is not normally present in peanuts per se. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not expected: If you had a negative skin test to peanut and passed the challenge test, it would be highly unlikely for you to have an allergic reaction from eating the amount of peanuts used in the challenge. However one can never ruled newly developed allergy later although it is again rare. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: What you describe could be due to sebaceous cysts. Lipomas, dermofibromas, lymph nodes , or other tumors. Visit your doctor to have them checked out. ...Read more
Help please? I had an allergy skin test done yesterday shocked to see peanuts come up positive! do these allergies ever go away?
Not Likely: Typically people first react to peanuts between 1-2 years of age, nut allergies can develop later in life. Tolerance more often occurs in children with peanut allergies, although it is uncommon, around 20%. Later onset of true peanut allergy is usually lifelong however symptoms could be due to oral allergy syndrome which is not as severe. Positive testing should be correlated with reaction history ...Read more
I am allergic to peanut oil and someone told me that coconut oil on your skin is really good if you have dry skin, is the safe for me to use?
Is it contact allerg: That you suffer from? And you aren't allergic to peanuts? Anyways you can try on a small area first and wait for up to 2 days to see if you really have a reaction, as for your dry skin, try skin care methods in the form of using cream soap, generously moisturizing your skin right after bathing while your skin still wet, keep your body well hydrated, if that doesn't work, see your doctor, goodluck ...Read more
My son was diagnosed with peanut allergy via 2 skin tests. He's never had a reaction to pb though which he ate a lot of. Could he really be allergic?
My daughter seens to have a mild peanut allergy. She has pnuts today by mistake and has a reddened face. Will it go away or should I seek medical attn?
Confirm with testing: Peanut allergy can be very serious and needs to be confirmed with testing. Depending on her age it could potentially get worse with each exposure. If she is completely fine now there is nothing immediate that needs to be done but if there is any throat swelling/ breathing issues use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and seek immediate help. Go to primary for testing and avoid peanuts and any product with peanuts for now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Avoid: Avoid both until you can find out which one is causing your problem given both are highly allergenic foods. You mentioned ige test was positive (to both?), if so one needs to know elevated they are since a slightly elevated ige level may mean nothing. See an allergist to sort things out for you and consider getting an Epinephrine kit. Is there a name for this combination? :). ...Read more
Choked and got peanut butter up my nose! i'm kinda allergic to peanut butter(not anaphylactic)! what should I do?
Benadryl (diphenhydramine): You know your allergies best, so if you're not going to stop breathing and have an anaphylactic response, then you should take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) right away to avoid symptoms. Also, a nose flush with saline will help get the peanut butter out, or it can be "manually removed." i'm a little puzzled how choking results in peanut butter in your nose, but that's another issue. ...Read more
If you was allergic to a drug and chewed a tablet of it in your mouth but spat it out would you still react to it like with peanuts etc?
Depends: On how sensitive you are to the drug. If you have a known drug allergy you should not chew or swallow any of the drug knowingly. If highly sensitive you may cause your airway to close off leading to death. Check with your md and if necessary carry an epi pen. ...Read more
18 M old Dx with almond & peanut allergy on skin prick test but only 3mm. Do we really have to be that cautious in not giving her these nuts ?
Yes: While 3mm may seem minor, the thing about allergies is that with repeated exposures the more vigorous the histamine response can become. The first time might be a little itchy. Next, hives. Next time, itchy throat with swelling of the eyes. Next time...full anaphylaxis with swelling of the throat, inability to breath etc. So yes, I would recommend caution. ...Read more
14mnth old son w/ high IgE levels but skin prick tsting only noted moderate allergy 2 peanuts which he has never been exposed 2. Why r his levels high?
I don't feel good when I eat peanuts, I get a headache and sometimes I bleed from my nose, what do you think the reason is?
My jaw is clicking. Does that mean that my jaw is dislocated or just a condition of TMJ. I was eating peanut butter and had to move jaw to clean it.
Disk dislocated: Jaw clicking means a displaced disk. If the symptom is new, wait and see. Otherwise see an expert. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers