Doctor insights on:
Pathophysiology Of Thyroid Storm
Too much hormone: Uncontrolled release of thyroid hormone may lead to thyroid storm. The thyroid is the major regulating hoprmone in the body. Too much hormone (hyperthyroidism) leads to increased pulse and bp, restlessness, nervousness, and weight loss. Thyroid storm is the extreme of this condition which can lead to cardiovascular collapse and even death. Full blown thyroid storm is relaticvely uncommon now. ...Read more
Propranolol hyperthy: Propranolol is a beta blocker a number of symptoms in thyroid storm are due to dare ethic excess like increased heart rate those can be blocked by beta blockers hyper metabolic status is not corrected so your question is correct answer is it can be masked but neither corrected or blocked we do use Propranolol as one of the drugs to treat ot. ...Read more
Hi, i just want ask, i got thyroid storm bfore, &my heart got enlarged a bit, but i'm now ok, just want ask if my heart is already fine?Coz smtimes i feel
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Inflammation of the thyroid
- What is a heterogeneous echotexture of the thyroid?
- Calcification of thyroid nodule mean cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pathophysiology of tonsillitis
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking thyroid medicine?
- Dangerous effects of tumeric and thyroid
- Pathophysiology of urosepsis
- Pathophysiology of thyroid cancer