Doctor insights on:
Follow surg's plan: Ur surgeon has the answer 2 ur specific situation . Follow his/her protocol 4 recovery recommendations. ...Read more
Active runner. 26 y/o. Knee chrondroplasty, patella lateral release x2, removal of foreign bodies. Worried about developing arthritis - what can I do?
Arthritis: May or may not develop from above causes, but keeping good weight, strengthening quads and collateral ligaments may help. ...Read more
Common: Surgery on one knee can cause a change in leg length changing your gait or can simply alter gait by changing knee function.The 'good' knee often takes the brunt of these changes & starts to hurt. A good physician might be able to determine the exact dysfunction (ex. short leg syndrome;nerve inflammation) & provide a heel lift, osteopathic manipulation, neuroprolotherapy or other recommendation ...Read more
Train quadriceps m: The patella subluxes laterally (to the outside) when the patellar groove is shallow or if the Q angle is high. The Q angle is the angle formed by the thigh muscle , the patella and the patellar tendon. Concervative therapy consist of terminal knee extension exercises. If that does not work, surgical lateral release is great. As a last resort the patellar tendon attachment can be transferred medial ...Read more
Depends on injury: There are literally dozens of different patella injuries. Seek consultation with an expert to determine what type of injury you have and what the pros and cons of various treatment options are. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drinking alcohol after gallbladder removal
- Removal of a blood clot below the fingernail or toenail
- When can you eat solid food after wisdom teeth removal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain after stent removal for kidney stones
- Hair removal
- How quickly after ovarian cyst removal can i get pregnant?
- How soon can i drink soda after wisdom tooth removal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free